blue colours background

A SIPP for non-UK Residents

The UK Pension solution for non-UK residents

MyExpatSIPP is a self invested personal pension plan that is designed especially for individuals who have UK pension benefits and are now resident overseas.

It is a simple low cost pension plan that allows you to manage your UK pension online, without any paperwork to complete.

The range of low cost ready-made investment options mean you don't need to be a financial expert to be able to take control of your own pension.

Your personal Account Manager will guide you through the process of drawing your pension when you reach retirement, and assist you with completing the necessary HMRC tax forms.

Complete our short online application and transfer your pensions into one, easy to manage online pension plan.

Why transfer to MyExpatSIPP

Tax when withdrawing your UK pension from overseas

You can get up to 25% of your UK pension paid as a tax free pension lump sum. The remaining 75% can be paid as a regular income or lump sums.

The UK has double taxation agreements with over 120 countries which normally means you won't be taxed twice on your pension withdrawals.

Most agreements state that pensions paid from the UK to a resident of country with a tax treaty with the UK, will be subject to tax only in their country of residence.

This means that any withdrawals from MyExpatSIPP can generally be paid without any tax deducted in the UK. We can even pay these withdrawals directly into your local (non-UK) bank account.

You will normally need to report any payments you receive from your SIPP to the tax authority in your country of residence.

Find out more about your options for taking withdrawals from a UK pension plan

Transferring your UK Pension

It's is easy and straightforward to transfer your UK pensions to MyExpatSIPP. Transferring your pension no longer involves completing piles of paperwork and using expensive financial advisers.

We can normally transfer your pensions without you having to complete any paperwork and in the majority of cases, transfers are completed within 10 days.

All you need to tell us is who your pension is with and your policy number and then we do the rest.

Why transfer to MyExpatSIPP

Ready-made investments

We know not everyone is an investment expert and wants to manage their own investments. Thats why there are five ready-made investment portfolios to choose from.

The investments are managed by Vanguard and BlackRock, two of the world's largest money managers, who collectively look after around £9 trillion for investors all over the world.

All you need to do is choose an investment portfolio to match your risk profile and then the investment managers look after the rest.

Investment Options

Transfer your UK pension to a SIPP

support (1)

Manage your pension online

Get online access to your pension just like internet banking. You can view the value of your SIPP and track any transactions in or our of your plan.

SIPP flexible

Flexibility

A SIPP offers flexible drawdown so you have the option to take regular income withdrawals, lump sums or take your whole pension fund in one go.
SIPP control

Control

With a SIPP, you're in total control of your pension. There's no employer link so you decide how its invested and how and when to take withdrawals.
SIPP access from age 55

Pass on your wealth

A SIPP allows you to pass on your pension fund to your beneficiaries with no UK inheritance tax liability. SIPPs can be passed through generations.
Want to find out more?
What is a SIPP?

Got Some Questions?

Get in touch with one of our friendly team who'll be happy to answer your questions.

MES Insights

Our expert insight into UK Pension and retirement topics.

3 sensible reasons to transfer your pension to a SIPP

September 11, 2019
If you have a pension in the UK and have now left the UK or are planning to leave in the future, you may be thinking about ways of gaining more...
Read More

Can I cash in my pension in the UK?

March 12, 2019
If you have a pension plan in the UK from your time working for an old employer, you may be thinking about how you can withdraw your money from the...
Read More

Should I transfer my Final Salary Pension to a SIPP?

February 13, 2019
A final salary pension was often seen as the ultimate gold plated retirement plan, with a guaranteed indexed linked income to be paid for life....
Read More